Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I'M GOING TO BE A GRANDMA

Well I got the news from my daughter (she is 17) while i was asleep she tells me (monday) last monday that she took 2 pregnancy test and they gave her positive i was like in shock she is 17 one year left for her to finish and she planned to go to college. as she finish telling me i went blank all i could see was oh my God her future college her carreer ????? what now. As i got up and told her what the hell happen what about all of the times me and her sat together and talked about birth control that i would get it to her and my wifey would get it to her too. She had stopped the pills cuz it gave her really bad side effect. She told me that it was an accident and the condom broke. I told her YEA RIGHT i have never heard that story before. I left her there after we finish talking and i took off and went to go see her father as i was crying my eyes off in the car and her father wanted to know what happen i told him not until i see you he was flipping i was not sure what he would say or do. As wifey was trying to calm me down and she was in shock also she kept saying things could be worse a baby is always a blessing i kept telling her yes a baby is a beautiful blessing but she is a kid. As i got to their dad's work he looked at me with my face all red from crying i told him that our daughter was pregnant he just looked at me and said good thing i took my blood pressure pill before u got here, lol. Actually i got to give him credit he took it better than i did, he told me we will support her in whatever she decides and plans to do as long as she finish school and goes to the vocational college she wanted to go. that we will help her out. i was shock by how he handle it but thank God cuz i felt and still feel like a mess or what can i have done for her not to get pregnant where did i go wrong did i leave out anything that could of helped her not get pregnant at 17. So as the days have passed now she is 6 weeks and she is happy, sad, nervous and not sure how to handle things. And me as a grandma, telling her one million things for her not to do that that is too heavy lay down rest (she has some cramping but they say that is normal) so as a grandmother and her mother i am FLIPPED OUT OF MY MIND wow that felt good. lol. So i had bought her already a whole bunch of stuff for my grandchild wow grandchild i still got to get use to it, her boyfriend is moving into our house by the end of the month of August he is really excited and he is very supportive with her hopefully it will stay that way. He is 19 also very young but hopefully after my talk to him short summary for my words to him were i will support her 100% i will help both of you as long as she finish school and her vocational college (she wants to be an ultrasound technician) i will do everything in my power to help but he can't hurt her. As he looked at me and told me he wants to get married with her and wants to be with his child. He is young but you never know it might work out. i pray to God that it does my daughter is a wonderful girl well actually now a woman she is my little girl and i want to protect her with everything. So that is my story for this week event. I tell you it has not been very calm at our house telling the family (latin family) was definetely not fun at all. lol. As of now sometimes i sit and still feel shocked but more than anything i find myself praying real hard for my grandchild and my daughter to be ok.


2 comments:

Dee Jay said...

It's most definitely a shocker, but with support, kids can do amazing things. Yeah, she's put a mongo detour in front of the road she may have wanted and that you wanted for her, but she can still do all those things that we, as parents want for our kids.

One of my best friends from grad school became a mom at 16. She and her daughter are really close. She said "she was with me when I finished high school, when I got my bachelor's degree, and when I got my master's. i have shown her that she can do anything if she sets her mind to it."

She is right. She had a rocky start, but she's an amazing woman today.

Hang in there and keep being the person she needs to help her.

Oh yeah and CONGRATS! I am in love with my three month old granddaughter! They totally rock!

Spacey Stacey said...

well, let me first say that you are one hot grandma! *giggle*

like i keep telling you, sweetie, everything will work itself out. your girl is going to be an amazing mom. she has plenty of support too. a baby is always a blessing and a year from now, you won't even remember how worried you were. you will be too wrapped up with the little one.

i love you. *kisses*