Saturday, August 23, 2008

Never thought love can be this strong

I think i have been out for the past 3 to 4 years but i have been with my girlfriend for the past 9 years it was such a long and hard road but we finally made it to have a peaceful and very incredibly happy life. I was married to a man for 12 years and i knew that deep inside there was always something missing and we ended up getting divorced and I met the love of my life i have 2 kids and my kids love her. I use to think that there was no way someone can love someone with such a passion and the love would get stronger as the time passes. I have been with my girlfriend for 9 years now and we still talk for hours everyday is like we have not seen each other for day that we need to catch up, lol. We tell each other how can a couple have so much to talk about when they live together. That's us we don't ever stop talking. We have been thru so much and our love is so very strong. Makes me wonder what the difference was between a 12 year marriage that did not survived and a 9 years being together and we can't seem to live without each other and i can't imagine it.

I have a poem that she wrote to me that i read often because its so incredible i will type not the whole poem because its way to long but its this:

for so many years, I stumbled along, muddling through life. Just trying to get by, never knowing true, honest, pure love. The kind of love that takes your breath away. I wished for it. Prayed for it. Fought for it. Risked health and safety for it. Gave up on it. I searched for a soul mate like a hungry man searches for food. I wished for one. Prayed for one. Damned the heavens for not sending me one. Begged for one. Cried because i didn't have one. Gave up on ever finding one.

Then I met you. Wonderful, amazing, beautiful, incredible you. All of a sudden, the world made sense, my live made sense. All the heartache, heartbreak, tears. All the times I ran from my problems, all the twists and turns my life took without my permission. It all made sense. That rugged, weary path was the path that led me to you. For the first time in my life, I was thankful for all the suffering. The suffering made me run, and the running led me here. Led me to you.
Where there was darkness and despair in my life there is now hope, happiness and love. The parts of my heart that had frozen and hardened are now softened and warmed by you. By your love. You showed me I was worth something, worth loving. Made me believe it, made me feel it. Instead of damning the heavens, I thank them every day. For bringing you into my life.


There is more to the poem but way too long to type. I do believe now that with the right person the love can be so strong that it can't never die.

3 comments:

Mon said...

That was beautiful. That is just what I needed to read. Thank you.

Spacey Stacey said...

aww, sweetie, i love you too.

old crone: glad wifey and i could be of help. :-)

Spacey Stacey said...

just have to add that i can't see myself without you either. i am the lucky one. *smooch*